for Product Managers
1. Learn the basics
- Learn the necessary terminology to speak the language of the Product World.
- Engineers, Designers, lawyers, Business Analysts, Data experts, and Marketers alike have jumped from their professions into Product Management. See how you can make your change.
2. Bulletproof your resume
- Grasp the methods of Laszlo Bock’s formula, the one page CV, and more to obtain that WOW factor in your resume.
- Master the process of creating a Product portfolio that will drop the jaws of your interviewer.
- Use this free template or this online tool to build the perfect CV.
- Book a free Linkedin review with Product Management experts to identify your strengths and areas in need of improvement.
3. Find the right job (Send that CV!)
- Join our private Slack Jobs Channel to find fresh opportunities in your career search. Want to work remotely? Check openings here.
- Find jobs on Twitter with #EpicJobs.
- If you are a woman looking for a role in tech then Tech Ladies is the place.
- Lastly, Join our Telegram private channel if you want to receive daily offers for job opportunities around the globe.
4. It’s almost showtime!
- The best way to win over your audience is to know what they want to hear
- Learn to finesse them with your soft skills.
- Demonstrate your hard skill savviness.
- Set yourself up for as much success as possible by mastering the SAR method. Cut the fat out of your interview by being bold and brief.
5. Practice makes Product perfect
- If you want to practice with real PMs working at top tech companies then Candor is the platform you need.
- You can also partake in mock interviews with a specialist or other aspiring PMs on Pramp or Polariis.
- Go a step further and head to our #interview channel on Slack and connect with other PMs to request advice.
6. During & After: Key points for your interview
- Ask the right questions!
- Treat the process as a conversation, not as an examination.
Knowing what to do after the interview is a tricky situation. Being adept at the following tasks will help in this situation:
- Send the post-interview email regardless of the results.
- Learn how to negotiate your PM salary.
- Use LinkedIn Salary calculator to get the most accurate assessment of what you should be earning.
- Are you the Founder of your own business? Knowing how to pay yourself can be a perplexing issue. However, you can now know how much to pay yourself with this calculator.