for Product Managers
1. Learn the basics
2. Bulletproof your resume
- Grasp the methods of Laszlo Bock’s formula, the one page CV, and more to obtain that WOW factor in your resume.
- Master the process of creating a Product portfolio that will drop the jaws of your interviewer.
- Use this free template or this online tool to build the perfect CV.
- Book a Free Call with Product Management experts to identify your strengths and areas in need of improvement.
3. Find the right job (Send that CV!)
- Join our private Slack Jobs Channel to find fresh opportunities in your career search.
- Find jobs on Twitter with #EpicJobs.
- If you are a woman looking for a role in tech then Tech Ladies is the place.
- Lastly, Join our Telegram private channel if you want to receive weekly offers for job opportunities around the globe.
4. It’s almost showtime!
5. Practice makes Product perfect
- If you want to partake in mock interviews with a specialist or other aspiring PMs, you can on Pramp or Polariis.
- Keep an eye on the Product School events page for mock interviews with PMs from top companies
- Go a step further and head to our #interview channel on Slack and connect with other PMs to request advice.
6. During & After: Key points for your interview
- Ask the right questions!
- Treat the process as a conversation, not as an examination.
Knowing what to do after the interview is a tricky situation. Being adept at the following tasks will help in this situation:
- Send the post-interview email regardless of the results.
- Learn how to negotiate your PM salary.
- Use LinkedIn Salary calculator to get the most accurate assessment of what you should be earning.
- Are you the Founder of your own business? Knowing how to pay yourself can be a perplexing issue. However, you can now know how much to pay yourself with this calculator.