Every time a year draws to a close, I like to look back and reflect on all of the positive things that have happened to our community. After all, there’s never been a better time in history to build digital products!
Let me show you what we’ve been up to behind the scenes…
- You’ve read that right! We became the largest product management community in the world
- In order to stay true to our mission to help people build better products, we made our entire collection of product management resources free for everyone, including access to conferences, events, job board, books, podcast, and discussion forums
- We also launched Product School Pro, the most exclusive community for Product Leaders
- All of our Certificate courses are delivered live, online by real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies such as Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, and Uber
- We pledged $500,000 in scholarships to support underrepresented minorities in product
- With more than 3,400 public student reviews across, Yelp, Google, CourseReport, and SwitchUp, our average rating is an awesome 4.8/5
- We’ve trained entire product teams from fast-growing startups to Fortune 100 companies
- Some incredible clients include Nestle, Capital One, PwC, Humana, Boston Consulting Group, Northwestern Mutual, Freddie Mac, and Cox.
- All of our online events are available to watch on our YouTube channel. This year, we’ve added 26,040 minutes worth of fantastic talks. In total, we’ve got over 5 years worth of content available for free!
- We hosted 100 podcast episodes featuring the most influential CEOs and Product Leaders. You all liked it so much, you spent 4 million minutes listening to it!
- We’ve hosted 6 editions of #ProductCon, the largest product management conference in the world. Speakers included the VP of Product at Disney+, The CPO at Waymo, and the VP of Product at Facebook
- Thanks to our more than 30 sponsors for your support
- 322,633 people downloaded our books, including our new 2020 releases: The Data-driven Product Manager, The Product Economy, and The Future of Product Management Report
- We’ve published 290 blog posts on a wide variety of topics, from product operations and finding product-market fit, to dealing with failure and launching your own side project.
- More than 10,000 votes were cast to choose the 22 Proddy Awards Winners – the awards honoring the best products of the year!
- We honored incredible Women Product Leaders, Black Product Leaders, and Latinx Product Leaders who are making the world a better place. We also announced our final list of the Top Product Leaders in 2020
- Our 100% remote team comes from all over the world. We celebrate diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, products, and community
- We got together for 52 weekly all-hands meetings, along with many happy hours, meditation sessions, games, watercooler moments, and an epic Halloween costume contest
(Ghosty Boo won the costume contest)
The fact that our community doubled during 2020 is a testament to the resilience of our students, the creativity of our team, and the enduring importance of our mission. Here’s to blue skies on the horizon!